Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pool Party Pop-Up Posies

Today I have a few last things to show you that I made using the Pop-Up Posies Designer Kit..specifically the pool party flowers.  I hope you enjoy each way I made the flowers.  I wasn't so sure about this set since I like to come up with my own 3-D flowers, but after playing with it and quickly and easily making flowers it won me over. :)  There are so many other samples online line that you can check out too.


With this flower I snipped each of the petals in half, put in the brad, then folded each of the petals forward to give it some depth.


On this flower I sponged around the edges of the petals with Island Indigo ink, put the brad in, then crumpled the petals.  The darker ink really adds some character to the flower.  I actually forgot I had made a little note card that I had slipped inside of this little envelope until I grabbed it to take some pics. lol


These were actually my favorite flowers and of course the hardest to make!  When I was messing around with the flowers I found I could make the crocuses by folding them a certain way.  I know...crocuses aren't blue.  I even checked online and they are pretty much all white, purple or yellow.  I decided to make them anyway because they were unique and they made me look forward to the first flowers that pop up in my yard every spring. :)
  

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Stamp Sets:  Pretty Petites (Sale-a-bration 2013) 
& Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock:  Pool Party, Crumb Cake, So Saffron & Certainly Celery
Classic Stampin' Pads:  Pool Party & Island Indigo
Stampin' Write Marker:  Wisteria Wonder
Punch:  Petite Curly Label (Sale-a-bration 2013)
Embossing Folder:  Perfect Polka Dots
Bigz Dies:  Scallop Envelope & Fancy Favor
Ribbon:  Sycamore Ribbon & Button Pack (Sale-a-bration 2013)
Pop-Up Posies Designer Kit
Occasions Paper-Piercing Pack
Shimmer Paint:  Champagne Mist
Sponges


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I should have known that you would come up with some brilliant way to alter these flowers! They are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...