Friday, May 10, 2019

Lovely as a Tree ~ A Stampin' Up! Card

Today I thought I'd share a card I made for my nephew's birthday using one of my favorite stamp sets that's retiring and using a "technique" that I love...watercolor with ink pads.
This card was actually pretty easy to make.  It did take a couple of steps so it took a bit of time, but with a little extra heat it moved right along.
I started by wetting my watercolor paper and adding diluted Pool Party ink for the sky.  I spread it around a bit and let it dry.  Once that was done I very carefully inked up my stamp (because I don't have markers yet!) using Early Espresso, Old Olive and Garden Green ink pads.  I stamped it, then used my aqua painter to spread the ink around.  I started with the grass and added ink from my ink pad where I wanted more.  After that I very carefully went over the trunks (the aqua painter was barely wet).  The last thing I did was start at the top of each tree and work my way down.  Once again I used very little water and I dabbed the aqua painter around, but not everywhere so some of the branches would show.  Once it was dry I layered it on Pool Party and put it on an Old Olive card base.
 
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post.


 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog. 

Supplies used on this card:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...