Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Everlasting Beauty ~ A Stampin' Up! Card

Today I have another floral card to share with you that was inspired by Try a Sketch on Tuesday #645.
I have to say I struggled with this sketch and it probably isn't a card that will go into my favorites pile. I think my color choice is the problem. It looks more like a Christmas card, and I think it looks great if that would have been my intention!
You can't tell in the picture, but I stamped the image on vellum paper and colored it in on the backside, then attached it to Basic White cardstock. 
 I found using Blends on vellum was definitely different because the colors don't blend the way they do on Stampin' Up! Basic White card stock. 
This is the sketch we used, and as you can tell I didn't follow everything for a couple of reasons. I somehow managed to get a clump of glue in the bottom left corner of the Cherry Cobbler cardstock. On Basic White cardstock I wait for it to dry, rub it off and there aren't any issues. Not so on Cherry Cobbler cardstock! It left dark streaks, so I covered them as best as I could with the pearls. When I added three pearls at the top it looked a little wonky, so I added them by the sentiment instead. Also my bottom green scallop circle was too plain and boring so I added my sentiment to that instead of putting it in the top left corner.
Make sure you check out what all of the other designers created HERE! If you get a chance to play along we'd love to see what you create!
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post.

 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog. 

Supplies used on this card:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...