Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Watercolor Birthday ~ A Stampin' Up! Card

Today's card is special because I made it for my sister's birthday last month.
It was inspired by Splitcoast's Featured Stamper Challenge FS753. The featured stamper was Deb Valder and I "cased" her slimline card HERE. You actually need to change things up a bit per their rules and I definitely did that, but overall it was a quick card to make (other than drying time) because I already knew what I was going to be doing!
How fun is this beach card?! My card is darker than Deb's only because I didn't realize how much color I had on my brush! lol I guess I didn't add enough water first to dilute it! I used Fluid 100 watercolor paper, masked the bottom off and started with the sky. I wet the paper a bit and using ink refills for my watercolors starting swiping the color across the sky (yellow first, then pink) I used SU! water painters (the largest brush) to paint it. When they sky was dry I masked right above the sky so I could only see just a touch of it below the tape so I could add the water starting with a light blue and adding two other darker colors working my way up. I added Crumb Cake for the sand while the water was still a little wet so it would bleed together (I also didn't put blue all the way to the bottom of the paper so that helped). Last I stamped the grass and added the sentiment and birds.
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post.


 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog. 

Supplies used on this card:

masking tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...