Saturday, December 29, 2012

Snowflake Soiree Christmas

Well I've been taking a break from blogging this Christmas season, but that doesn't mean I wasn't still busy working on things.  This is one of the cards I made when my dad came to me a week or so before Christmas and asked if I would make a card for my mom, and I said I'd be glad to.  I actually didn't procrastinate too much on this one either...amazing!  Since her favorite color is blue I decided to use a few different colors of blue and blend (sponge) them together using the emboss resist technique.  I've already done a couple of cards with this technique lately, but really liked a card my stamping friend Christi made and wanted to add some "swirls" in with a darker blue like she did.  I love how it turned out!    



I'm also entering it into the Friday Mashup challenge #90.  This week's theme is "Snowflakes" and/or colors Whisper White, Pool Party, Midnight Muse and Basic Black.  Super close on the colors for making the card over a week ago!  



Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Stamp Sets:  Snowflake Soiree & Everything Eleanor
Card Stock:  Midnight Muse & Whisper White
Classic Stampin' Pads:  Midnight Muse, Island Indigo & Pool Party
Punch:  Scallop Trim Border
Stampin' Emboss Powder:  Clear
Ribbon:  5/8" Organza in Whisper White

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks for the link!! I like it too that you changed your typing to black instead of blue, easier on these old eyes to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the combo of the swirls with the snowflakes... kinda reminds me of a blustery day, i.e., cozy inside! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is gorgeous! I am sure both parents were very happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! Those embossed snowflakes look great in the background, and the swirls bring everything together. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...