Monday, April 2, 2012

He is Risen

Today's card was a fun one to make and simplified my lily making process a bit.  Last summer I made a Stargazer lily for my sister's b-day card (here).  I loved how it turned out other than it didn't have as much of the cone shape as I would have liked.  Well, last week I happened to see a tutorial for making lilies and I HAD to give them a try again!   What better time to make them than around Easter.  I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with seeing pictures or cards with the lilies placed somewhere on or around a cross and I decided to give it a try myself...and there happened to be a couple of challenges out there just for Easter. The Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge #111 Easter and the 4 Cafty Chicks challenge #83 Easter and Crazy Egg.
For those of you interested in giving the lilies a try check out this tutorial here from Valita.  She has a LOT of great (and free) video tutorials out there for you to watch...thanks, Valita!
Just a note...I made my lilies VERY small and had to adjust everything accordingly so they would fit on my card.  I have the size of the oval punch I used listed with the supplies below...




Thanks for looking and have a great day! 

Card Stock:  So Saffron, Certainly Celery & Whisper White
Classic Stampin' Pads:  So Saffron, Certainly Celery & Soft Suede
Embossing Folder:  Framed Tulips
Bigz Dies:  Lattice & Oval Scallop
Punches:  1 3/8" x 5/8" Oval (retired), Blossoms Petal XL & Boho Blossoms
Ribbon:  5/8" Organza in Whisper White
Crystal Effects & Dazzling Diamond Glitter
Shimmer Paint:  Champagne Mist
Sponges



10 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us for our what Easter means to you challenge. Gorgeous card, love those flowers.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Guest Designer @ 4CCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean and Beautiful! Love the monochromatic style and your lilies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sara - like always!! Thanks for letting me borrow your stamp set. It was good seeing you at the open house

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white on white is just breathtaking! and your lilies, AMAZING!! Thanks for including the link to the tutorial. A wonderful card to represent the true meaning of Easter. Thanks for playing along this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is gorgeous!! I love the cross and the lilies. WOW, they look so real!!! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been selected as a Hand Stamped Sentiments Artist Pick for your design this week! Please email me to receive your badge.
    Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo!Hoo! Congrats on being Artist Pick! Told you it was gorgeous!!! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Easter card! Wow, love those lilies!!! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly elegant! I love the monochromatic look of your card. The lilies are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...