Friday, February 18, 2011

Because I Care ~ Mojo Monday

If you checked out my blog post yesterday, you can see that I used the same stamp set and colors for my Mojo Monday card as I did for Stamping 411.  I always like to make at least two cards when I'm stamping.  I either make them identical or similar...it's just easier to do that.  After all, you already have the beginning of a card started for a second one once you've cut the first!



Lately as I've been checking out other ladies' cards on sketch challenges, I found I was coming across one lady's cards/blog quite a bit...Kasey, from Kasey's Craft Corner.  I guess I just really like her style of cards! :) Anyway, one of her cards showed instructions on putting a scalloped border under ovals and circles.  I was seeing that quite a bit and wondering how it was done.  Now that I figured out how to do it I figured Mojo Monday's card sketch challenge was the perfect time to give it a try.  Maybe a lot of you already know this trick, but I didn't.  If not and you would like to see how it's done click here, check out her card, scroll down and it will bring you to her instructions.  Thanks Kasey! 




Stamp Set:  Because I Care
Card Stock:  Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery & Very Vanilla
Classic Stampin' Pads:  Perfect Plum & Certainly Celery
Punch:  Scallop Trim Border
Big Shot Embossing Folder:  Vintage Wallpaper
Ribbon:  5/8" Satin in Certainly Celery
Jewels:  Basic Rhinestones

4 comments:

  1. Sara,

    I'm flattered that you like my artistic efforts. I have no problems with anyone casing my work and putting links to my original creations. Thank you for acknowledging the inspiration you gain from my site. Cheers, Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh by the way, Your card is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kasey,

    Thanks! I was a little worried, but I guess people do blog so they can share what they've created with others. :)

    Have a great day!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your card is beautiful! I really appreciate your sharing the link to this technique. I look forward to trying it. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...