Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Layered Florals ~ A Stampin' Up! Card

Today's card was inspired by sketch #656 at Try a Sketch on Tuesday. I also had a piece of cardstock I had embossed with gold while I was crafting for the weekend a few weeks ago that I hadn't used. I decided to see if I could make a go with it. I usually throw all of those scraps in a bag and let my friends go through it every now and then. I still have the bag, this one just never made there.
Since I used gold embossing I decided to turn this scrap piece into an anniversary card. To get the embossed gold onto the flowers I dragged my VersaMark ink pad over it. It hit most of the raised parts pretty well. Unfortunately it also hit some of  the cardstock that wasn't dry embossed. I left some of those areas on it on because it sort of gave it a vintage look and I liked the look. To get the rest off that I didn't want on there, I used an old, small paint brush with stiff bristles over it. I added brushed gold paper and white embossing for the sentiment as well to go with the gold embossing.
This is the sketch we worked with this week.
Make sure you check out what all of the other designers created with this sketch HERE. So many great card ideas! If you get a chance to play along we'd love to see what you create!
Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Sara

Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post.

 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog. 

Supplies used on this card:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...