Friday, March 18, 2016

Watercolored Wetlands - Stampin' Up!

Today's card is a CAS birthday card with a bit of watercolor on it.  I wanted to use a stamp from Wetlands, so I created the scene in watercolor, stamped the birds in the water, then added a touch of shadows.  This was originally on a much bigger piece of watercolor paper, but you never know (or at least I never know!) how my finished card is going to turn out.


For this card I decided to cut off a bunch of what I painted and make it square and "frame" it.  I used the square framelits to make the frame.  The sky seemed a bit empty so I drew a few birds in it.  That seemed to finish off the picture for me. :)

These are the colors I used to create my scene.




Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

I would love to be your demonstrator! If you like what you see and want to order anything just click on any of the products that I've listed at the bottom of my blog or click on the "Shop Now" tab at the top of my blog. Any of them will take you directly to my website! If you have questions feel free to contact me. Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog . If you're thinking of becoming a demonstrator click "Join My Team". I'd love to have you join me!

Supplies used on this card:

Watercolor Paper from craft store (SU! paper is not big enough to use for a card base)


4 comments:

  1. Your card looks fabulous. I'm the same way. I never know where my card will end up. I start with a vision an end up with a completely different looking card then what I was planning ☺ Guess that's why it's so much fun. Your card looks beautiful and "planned"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, PJ! I'm the same as you...every card is a surprise even though it should turn out the way I planned it in my head! lol The first time I tried this card I stamped the birds before the sky and, duh, I forgot to do them with ink that doesn't bleed! Nothing like a black and blue sky with blobs of birds! lol

      Delete
  2. I loved this card so much, that I had to pin it to save for future reference. I love watercolouring on my cards, and wanted to thank you for listing the colours you used. Beautiful job on this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! I hope you get a chance to give it a try. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...