Friday, June 6, 2014

Blue Butterflies

It's Friday!  I'm always excited about Friday lately.  Probably because at my previous part time job I didn't work Mondays or Fridays.  That means I had plenty of time to take care of things at home and felt like I was caught up a lot more.  I have to hand it to women who work full time, then come home and deal with everything else.  Either that or they have great hubbies that help out.  I love my job and although it's still part time it's a LOT more hours than my last job.  Seems like I'm always behind now and can't seem to catch up.  I guess that's life sometimes.  Ok, after that little rant lets get on to this week's card for the Friday Mashup.  Avery has a couple of great things for us to mash up...

Create a project using the "Sketch".
Create a project using " an assortment of different Pattern Papers".
or Mash it Up! and create a project with the "Sketch using different pattern papers".

Since I don't buy very much DSP, ok pretty much none at all, I had to go a little different of a route for the pattern paper part of the challenge.  I embossed whisper white card stock with eight different embossing folders, then punched a butterfly out of each one.  Then I sponged around the edges of each one with the same color of square I put them on.  This was actually a pretty quick and easy card to make AFTER I got the squares put on my paper just right. lol


Make sure you head on over to the Friday Mashup challenge HERE to see all the other great cards and to play along too.  



Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Card Stock:  Soft Sky, Pool Party, 
Coastal Cabana & Bermuda Bay
Classic Stampin' Pads:  Soft Sky, Pool Party, 
Coastal Cabana & Bermuda Bay
Embossing Folders:  Decorative Dots, Delicate Designs,
Fancy Fan, Perfect Polka Dots, Argyle,
Beautifully Baroque & Modern Mosaic
Punch:  1" Square & Bitty Butterflies
Ribbon:  5/8" Seam Binding in Pool Party
Jewels:  Basic Pearls
Smooch Spritz:  Vanilla Shimmer
Sponges




2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the different embossings on the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch, Sara. I don't use a lot of DSP either and find what I do have I hoard. Crazy! I love your butterflies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...