Sunday, January 6, 2013

RHSSC #70 - Flowers!

Wow, the first challenge for 2013 and it was definitely the hardest Red Hot sketch challenge for me yet!  Looking at the other ladies' cards you'd think it was no problem for them at all!  Glad I sat down earlier in the week to make this one up instead of waiting until the last day!  This is definitely not the norm for my type of cards, but it think it turned out pretty cute.  However my son's reaction was, "I don't get it!" lol  My daughter thought it was pretty cute.  Well, I wanted to try out something new from the Spring Catalog...making flowers using the Creped Filter Paper.  I used one piece of the creped filter paper over regular card stock on the little flowers and did three sets of that for the big flower using the 2012-2013 In Colors.  Oh, don't forget to check out the other cards using this sketch at the Red Hot Stampers' blog here!  







Love looking at the card from this angle...weird, I know.  But I think it looks so cool! lol




Just a pic a little closer to see the detail on the flowers and brads.  I dabbed the brads in ink then in clear embossing powder and used the heat gun so they kind of matched the color of flower they went with.  




Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Stamp Set:  Fabulous Florets
Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry, Summer Starfruit,
Gumball Green & Midnight Muse
Classic Stampin' Pads:  Rich Razzleberry, Summer Starfruit,
Gumball Green & Midnight Muse
Embossing Folder:  Perfect Polka Dots
Punches:  1 1/4" Scallop & Boho Blossoms
Brads:  Neutrals Collection 3/16" 
Shimmer Paint:  Champagne Mist







3 comments:

  1. Very cool Sara! I'm glad you posted the pic of the card laying down - face on doesn't do this one justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the little flowers! I have some of the crepe paper too, but haven't been brave enough to tear into it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, I love your card and all the flowers! Is there a tutorial or directions somewhere for making the flowers? I am not familiar with the crepe paper you are refering to.... Stacy odell2@centurytel.net Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...