Thursday, November 21, 2019

Nature's Beauty ~ A Stampin' Up! Card!

Today's card was inspired by a card I saw in the SU! 2019 Holiday Catalog on p. 27.  My card doesn't look anything like their card, but it got an idea going and I created from there.  
Sponging is one of my favorite techniques, but it can be slow going depending on what sponging method I use.  Sometimes I dab, sometimes I rub the sponge back and forth or in circular motions.  Other times it can be a combination of all of the above.  Today's card was all dabbing which is takes the longest of the three to get the effect I want.
All of the ink pads that I used to create the sponged background are listed below.  I started by dabbing the lightest ink in the middle of my card stock and going out toward the edges.  I didn't cover all the card stock, just enough to keep a light circle in the middle.  Then I added each color from the second lightest to the darkest moving from the outer edges and corners toward the middle.  Each time I added more ink I made sure I didn't sponge in as far as the previous color. I hope that makes sense! I stamped a few bushes, cut out some white card stock and sponged the edges with a few of the blues.  I also stamped the deer on watercolor paper and used an aqua painter and my ink pads and a black marker to color him in...and then, yes, I fussy cut him out.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post.


 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog. 

Supplies used on this card:

Retired Christmas Sentiment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...