Monday, May 28, 2018

Starry Night ~ A Fun Stampers Journey Card

Are you ready for a masculine blog hop?

At Try Stampin' on Tuesday we decided to do a masculine blog hop.  I love making masculine cards, but don't need to make them a lot.  Here is a chance for you to get a few ideas for your guys out there.
A few years ago I did a Northern Lights technique class and taught the ladies how to sponge on their cards.  I thought it was pretty cool so added that technique to this card.  I had also made a card for one of my past stamp a stacks with this same airplane and had added trees below the plane.  I thought I would add those two stamps to this card also and make it into a night scene.  
To create this card I embossed the stars first then sponged on my colors starting in the middle with the lightest colors.  After the lighter colors were on I started sponging the darker blues.  I started sponging these colors in each of the corners and moved inward toward the lighter colors.  As I added each blue (from lightest to darkerst) I made sure I stayed closer to the corners so I didn't cover up the lighter colors.  After sponging I stamped my airplane and trees.  Since some of my trees didn't stamp the greatest at the very bottom I also sponged black along the bottom and up the sides.  After sponging that much I was NOT going to throw this card out!  Most of the time there's a fix to the mistakes I make...whew!
Here is the list of everyone hopping today...
Donna Scholz
Kaylin Krawczyk
Vicki Milyard
Dianne Keough
Heather Heroldt
Sara Hoogendoorn - You are here!
Melanie Richards

Pineapple Smoothie
Pool Play
Blue Lagoon
Catalina Splash
Denim Days
Pretty Amethyst
Black Licorice
Whip Cream

Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post. :)
Sara

I'd love to have you join me on my journey!
Go to www.funstampersjourney.com/sarahoogendoorn or
Click on "Join My Team" at the top of this post.
Have you ever wanted to create something, 
but don't always have the time to come up with the idea?
That's where the Bloom Box comes in!  Check it out!  
www.funstampersjourney.com/sarahoogendoorn
If you like what you see and want to order just click on the 
"Shop Now" tab at the top of my blog. 

 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 

Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog . 

Supplies used on this card:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...