Thursday, October 3, 2013

'Tis the Season's First Challenge!

Hi Everyone!  I'm excited that today is the first day of 'Tis the Season's Christmas card blog challenge, and that I am one of the designers!  We will be having a Christmas card challenge for you every two weeks.  Why am I excited about this challenge?  First I think it will be fun to make Christmas cards throughout the year instead of just around Christmas time, and second is that I plan to make four of the same or very similar cards when I make a design for the challenge.  That means by this time next year I'll have around 100 cards all ready to go for Christmas.  I'll only have to sign and address them. :)  I love to stamp, but I have to admit that it gets kind of boring making around 100 cards of the same design. :(  On top of that, even though I order and get my supplies early somehow the time always gets away from me, and I'm cramming to get them done in December so everyone gets their cards before Christmas!  


So far I'm off to a good start..I made four cards with my first design. :)  Now I need to find a place to store all of them for next Christmas.  It will be fun to go through all the cards next year remembering each one I made.  Check out what the other talented designers' cards look like by joining us HERE at 'Tis the Season.  You can start following us and showing us the great Christmas cards you have made too!


Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Stamp Sets:  O Holy Night & Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock:  Elegant Eggplant & Whisper White
Glimmer Paper:  Silver
Classic Stampin' Pads:  Elegant Eggplant
Embossing Folder:  Modern Mosaic
Punches:  Modern Label & Word Window
Ribbon:  3/8" Taffeta in Whisper White
Smooch Spritz:  Vanilla Shimmer


4 comments:

  1. Now that is Genius! You'll be all set next year... I love how you used the Purple with the touch of sparkle.. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, you've done such a great job with that big stamp! I never know how to use them well. Nice job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embossing and that stamp is perfect for this sketch! Great job on getting 4 cards done also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! I love the colors! I keep my early Christmas cards in one of the now retired card boxes. They were a pain to decorate and put together, but they work really well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...