Thursday, October 17, 2013

Shimmery Snowflake Soiree

Today's card is a color challenge from 'Tis The Season...Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo and Pear Pizzazz with the optional trim of adding glitter. I wasn't sure how the colors would look together, but I think I actually got them to work out. :)  So did the other ladies so make sure you check out all the other designers' cards and play along with us HERE too!  When I made my first card I was only going to make the snowflakes glittery, but that took too long because I'd have to clean the stamp off every time I stamped it.  That's when I decided to make the whole top piece sparkle instead of just the snowflakes.  The vote at my house was for the 2nd card that was all glittery. ;)

The first card...




The second card...


...and the group of four.  I'm still determined to  make four cards each time so I'm not spending so much time next fall working on all of them.  :)



Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Stamp Sets:  Snowflake Soiree & Sweet Essentials
Card Stock:  Pear Pizzazz & Whisper White
Classic Stampin' Pads:  Tempting Turquoise, 
Melon Mambo & Pear Pizzazz
Versa Mark
Heat and Stick Powder
Dazzling Diamonds


8 comments:

  1. I love all the glitter on this card!! Beautiful color combo! One question, how did you do the whole front glittered? Did you stamp the snowflakes, then versamark the entire piece of paper, heat, glitter?? If so, did the colored ink get on your versamark pad? I would love to know how you did this. Thanks!
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kim! You're almost right! I stamped the snowflakes, used VersaMark over the whole paper, used heat and stick powder, heat just a touch until it's sticky, then pour on glitter and reheat. It's messy, but the cards turn out fabulous! :) I don't get ink on my versamark pad when I stamp over the whole thing since what I've stamped is dry by then. :)
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous! I love the glittery paper!! I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both cards but the 2nd one definitely hits the glitter "wow" factor! The snowflakes look terrific in the different colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bling, baby! I love it! So beautifully glittery! So, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!! That sparkle all over the card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How long do you heat the second time after adding glitter? Should the consistency change?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachael,
      I usually heat it like I would heat embossing powder. The look of it will change slightly. The way I test it is to carefully touch it (after waiting about ten seconds after heating it). It's pretty sticky when you pour the glitter on, but after you heat it the second time it will harden. Hope that helps. :)
      Sara

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...