Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Hit the Road ~ Fun Stampers Journey Card

Today's card is one of five that I made for my September stamp a stacks. It's a nice CAS masculine card to make using the FSJ set Hit the Road.  Who hasn't thought about taking a trip down Historic Route 66?  My hubby and I would like to do it someday, that's for sure!  
To make this card I stamped everything using the Black Licorice ink pad and colored in the truck with the reddest watercolor pencil in the Journey Color Splash set (I think it was the first one, but since I'm not home I can't check!)  After I colored it in I used a Journey Blending Brush with the tip slightly damp.  It doesn't take much water to watercolor it!  After it was just about dry (paper still a little cool) I colored over it again to darken the truck.  I have to say that I need to work on my photo taking skills because the truck is darker in person and doesn't have any streaks in it!  I guess that's what the flash does, but the color is never as vibrant if I don't use it.


Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara 

I would love to be your Journey Coach! If you like what you see and want to order anything just click on the "Shop Now" tab at the top of my blog. If you have questions feel free to contact me. Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog . If you would like to be a Fun Stampers Journey Coach click "Join My Team". I'd love to have you on my team!

Supplies used on this card:

Stamp Set:
Hit the Road p. 144 (SS-0312) $18.95

Card Stock:
Fabriano Hot Press 140 lb watercolor paper
(The reason I used hot press for this is because of its smooth texture. My SAS ladies do NOT like the texture on cold press paper because it doesn't always stamp consistently)
Candy Apple p. 289 (CS-0007) $6.95
Black Licorice p. 289 (CS-0003) $6.95

Ink Pads:
Black Licorice p. 289 (IP-0041) $7.95

Supplies:
Journey Color Splash Watercolor Pencils p. 278 (JM-0078) $59.95 
Journey Blending Brush p. 273 (TO-0098) $5.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...