Friday, December 19, 2014

Lovely as a Tree ~ Watercolor

So glad it's Friday today!  Anyone else?  :)  Today's card is for the Friday Mashup and I finally got around to doing a little water coloring because I've been wanting to do it for quite a while!  Before I go into that a little more, lets check out what our mashup from Holly is...


Create a project using the "Sketch". 
Create a "2 Layer card with a grungy element in the background". 
or Mash it Up! and create a project "using the sketch that's 2 layers only".

I have to admit I cheated a little on the two layer thing, but not because I wanted to!  I was lazy and didn't want to haul out my stamp-a-ma-jig and thought my stamp was on the block straight and it wasn't...err!!  So I had to cut a little sliver of paper and stamp on that and run it across the bottom of the card to cover up my crooked happy birthday.  



Ever since I saw a tutorial over on Splitcoast by Heather T. I've been wanting to try my hand at water coloring.  I've never tried it before other than watercolor wash.  Let me tell you Heather made it look SO easy!  Umm...it wasn't.  At least not for me! lol  She stamped her trees, then spritzed them with water.  When I did that they turned into a big green blob (kind of like the top left corner! lol).  She also added the blue after she stamped her trees.  Again that did NOT work for me!  I ended up doing the blue, letting it dry and then added the trees from Lovely as a Tree.  Then I used water and reinker to go over the tree and make it look like it was kind of water colored.  I certainly won't complain because in the end I like how it turned out for my first time water coloring a scene.  

Make sure you head over to the Friday Mashup HERE to check out all the other fun cards using this week's sketch and two-layered card challenge.



Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Supplies used on this card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great and will make a wonderful card for a winter birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret! That's exactly what I was thinking. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...