Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Simply Zinnia ~ A Stampin' Up! Card

Today's card is all about Zinnias & watercolor and it's inspired by sketch #651 at Try a Sketch on Tuesday.
It's my sister's birthday this week and of course I had to make a special card for her, right?! I decided to use a new stamp set called Simply Zinnia that I just got a week ago. I stamped it with StazOn black ink, then used a bunch of ink refills and a water painter to watercolor them. 
This is how I've been doing watercolor on my cards lately...I add a drop or two of stampin' ink refill at the top of my stampin' glass mat, then a drop of water right below each drop of ink. That way the ink gets pulled into the water and I instantly have a lighter shade, but still have the darker shade to use as well.
The plus is I can still do all of my work on the glass mat because there's plenty of room for that too! I wasn't sure I'd like the glass mat because I was so used to my paper mat. However the bottom corners would always roll up and that would drive me crazy! I don't have to worry about that anymore, plus I can paint a few more cards if I'd like with the left over ink. And clean up is a snap too! Just wipe it off and you're good to go.
This is the sketch the designers used to create their cards this week and as usual they've made a bunch of great cards to inspire you! Check them out HERE over at Try a Sketch on Tuesday's blog. If you get a chance to play along we'd love to see what you create!
It was a little harder to get pics of my card this time around because part of the design is on the inside of the card and of course it always wanted to pop open! You'll want to make sure you see the inside of the card as well this time which is at the bottom of my post.
I used a lot of colors this time, but I had the time for once to just sit and enjoy the painting process. Plus I wanted the colors to look well together and I had the time to figure that out as well. Also in my list of supplies I listed fluid 100 watercolor paper as the only card stock. Stampin' Up! doesn't sell bigger sheets of this watercolor paper, so I buy them from time to time so I can use the same brand and make it into a full card. I have to admit I go through what Stampin' Up! has available like there's no tomorrow! Maybe someday they'll add a larger size as well.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post.


 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog. 

Supplies used on this card:

6 comments:

  1. Love the colors you chose!
    --Dalis
    https://www.instagram.com/stamprgrl/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful array of flowers, Sara! Great colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful watercoloring on your flowers and love that you used an aperture die for your circle. I don't do watercoloring very often; but thanks for the pallette technique you use... I'll have to try it. Great interpretation of the sketch and beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Suzanne! I hope you give it a try soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...