Monday, May 20, 2024

Blessings of Home ~ A Stampin' Up! Card

Today's card is inspired by Try a Sketch on Tuesday and could be an anniversary or wedding card.
I made this card for a friend who asked me to make it for a wedding she's going to in a couple of weeks.
I created this by using the retired Stamparatus and Stampin' Write markers. I colored the blue flowers first, but before I stamped them on the watercolor paper I spritzed them just a little bit with some water. As soon as I stamped the flowers I used the water painters from Stampin' Up! to fill in the flower just by going over the ink that I used to stamp the image. I did add a little more blue by scribbling some of the marker on a block and adding it to my flower with the water painters. I didn't do that with the orange/yellow flowers or the leaves and stems, but I did use two colors to the leaves before I stamped and blended them together. I did stamp over all of the flowers, stems and leaves a second time so you could see the outlines of everything a little better.
This is the sketch we had to use. I did change it up slightly by not putting a large gap in between the vertical and horizontal blocks on the card. Make sure you check out what all of the other designers created using this sketch HERE and if you get a chance to play along we'd love to see what you create!
I'm also playing along with our sister challenge Double Trouble for their 6th anniversary. I chose Thing 1 yellow raffle ticket which is anniversary or wedding.
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post.


 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog. 

Supplies used on this card:

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the split panel and those pretty pastel colors. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful colors, Sara, so elegant! Great idea to add the embossed texture as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melanie! My friend told me what colors to use! That made things pretty easy!

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is pretty! I love the white pants along the bottom! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your description on your water coloring technique... beautifully done. I'm sure your friend will be very happy to use for a wedding card. Thanks for sharing your DT card with us at Double Trouble's Yellow Raffle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...