Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Stippled Roses ~ A Stampin' Up! Card

Today I have a bright red card to share with you that was inspired by Try a Sketch on Tuesday sketch #642.
For once I followed the sketch very closely! I didn't see a need to change anything up this time, so I didn't.
To create this card I started by using Stampin' Up's! retired Stamparatus. I inked up my stamps using Stampin' Write markers (real red, old olive, garden green and shaded spruce). Then I spritzed them with a touch of water and stamped them onto watercolor paper. I used water painters to fill in the color.  They grab the color that I stamped and fills everything in nicely. I let it dry, then reinked the stamps, spritzed them with water and stamped over the dry image. Why? Because the image faded so the details needed to be added in again. 
Here is our sketch for this round. Make sure you check out what all of the other designers created HERE! If you get a chance to play along we'd love to see what you create!
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post.


 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog. 

Supplies used on this card:

12 comments:

  1. The floral stamp set is beautiful... using the colored cardstock and red ink was perfect and really showed the variance of color in the floral and the leaves. And assuming you fussy-cut, great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzanne! I did fussy-cut everything. It just didn't look right with it die cut this time.

      Delete
  2. The detail on the stamp is amazing!
    -- Dalis
    https://instagram.com/stamprgrl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You created gorgeous depth of color with that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flowers are stunning - beautiful colour with so much depth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice use of the sketch Sara. Love the colors you selected and GREAT job fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! I guess I get a little picky and the dies don't cut close enough, so I haul out the scissors!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...