Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Trusty Tools ~ A Stampin' Up! Card

Today's card has me thinking waaay ahead! Definitely not the norm for me. A little ahead sure, but not 5 months. lol 
This card was inspired by Try a Sketch on Tuesday challenge #639. I just wasn't feeling like flowers today since we're in the middle of a snow storm here in Michigan...about time is my thought! Most people don't like snow, but I actually do. I don't like the cold, but that is kind of required if you want snow. lol
This is the sketch we had to work with. As usual, mine's a little loose, but I still have three "strips" and a "star" plus my sentiment. I have to admit I was not planning on cutting the sentiment down, but it wouldn't fit on the card unless I did. I colored everything using Stampin' Blends and fussy cut the tools out. I don't like white on the outside of a die cut piece. Yes, I'm just a little picky! 
Make sure you check out what the other designers created HERE. If you get a chance to play along we'd love to see what you create!
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post.

 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog. 

Supplies used on this card:

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous masculine card, Sara! Using the tool images to create the illusion of three strips was so clever. Great color choice as well. - Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific way to interpret the sketch - fabulous masculine card :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alyson! I thought it was a fun twist too. 🙂

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous stamp set! Looks just marvelous with those colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dena! It was nice to get a chance to relax and just color away!

      Delete
  4. This is so creative and an awesome masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great masculine Sara! Love this set and very clever how you used the sketch! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! I definitely like the challenge of thinking outside of the "sketch" if that makes sense. 🙂

      Delete
  6. Love your unique and creative interpretation of the sketch, excellent masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally diggin' this, I see the lines w/ the tools, that is so smart!
    -- Dalis
    http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...