Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Peaceful Cabin ~ A Stampin' Up! Card

I know, I know...I'm using the stamp set Peaceful Cabin again. I just had to try it with a touch of color after making two black and white cards. The sketch is a challenge from Try Stampin' on Tuesday and you can use the sketch, add an element with one or more folds or do both. I did both...the Happy Anniversary pops up and you can write a little note inside of it.
Masking and sponging is the main feature on this card and it's not hard to do at all. It just takes a little patience!
The first thing I did to create this card was stamp the cabin. Then I ripped a mask for the mountains and kept both pieces of what I ripped. I covered my house with a mask, then covered the top of my piece of card stock with my mountain mask and sponged the very back mountains using memento black and a little gorgeous grape. Then I shifted my mask and sponged the middle mountain with night of navy. I shifted my mask one more time and stamped the bottom mountain using gorgeous grape. Once the mountains were done I used the other piece of my mask to cover the top mountain and a circle for the moon and sponged the dark sky starting with balmy blue, then night of navy and last a little bit of gorgeous grape.
This is the sketch and challenge I used for this card. Make sure you check out what the other designers created HERE. If you get a chance to play along we'd love to see what you create!
The only thing I didn't do that was on the sketch was the bow. For some reason I just didn't think it would be appropriate for this card. 
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post.


 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog. 

Supplies used on this card:
Retired Happy Anniversary Sentiment
Sponges
Scrap paper for masks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...