Sunday, October 3, 2021

Peaceful Cabin ~ A Stampin' Up! Card

Last week a shared a quick card I made using the stamp set Peaceful Cabin. It was kind of a funky card with the huge mountain on it that's for sure (it went with a sketch challenge and I think I was in too much of a hurry! lol). Now I want to show you the first card I created using that stamp set.
Now isn't this someplace you could live?! I know I sure would love it! 
I think the stamp set's name is perfect...Peaceful Cabin. 
I did a bunch of masking to create this scene so I didn't have to do any die-cutting (and I keep the masks so I can use them over and over again instead of cutting new ones every time I want to mask). I'm all about scenery that's for sure and making it all on one layer of card stock is even better yet.
To create a scene like this you start with stamping your main image. On this card it's the house. I masked it, then started stamping the trees. I did the one right next to the house and the two trees that are in the bottom right corner. Then I did one large tree in the bottom left corner. I masked all of the trees then stamped the fences. I also stamped a small tree behind the two trees on the bottom right (while they were still masked) and stamped two smaller trees on the left the same way too. Take all the masks off, then put on your moon mask where you want the moon and do a little sponging. I very lightly sponged around the moon, then I started sponging at the top corners and worked my way in. I sponged here and there to fill in until I liked the finished look. It's really pretty simple once you get the hang of it and it creates a great masculine card! Although I would take a card like this for myself!! :)
You sure don't need a lot of supplies for this card! Black and white paper, black ink, a sponge, super sticky post it notes for masks, some tape and scissors. You could easily do it with browns or grays too. 
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post.

 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog. 

Supplies used on this card:

Sponges, super sticky Post-it Notes,
Circle punch or dies for moon mask

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...