Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Rooted in Nature ~ A Stampin' Up! Card

Hi Everyone! I'm back again with a masculine birthday card to share with you that was inspired by Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch #498.
I love this BIG, BOLD sun. I actually saw something like this a couple of weeks ago when I was heading home from work. The sun was just a touch under the horizon like on my card...which I've seen many times. What was different this time is how HUGE it was! It was a bright coral color and so beautiful to see! I couldn't believe how fast it disappeared though. :( I drove just over a half a mile and by the time it was in my view again it was completely under the horizon.
To create this card I cut out a large circle with my die on a piece of computer paper that is the same size as the paper I stamp on (I want the whole sheet covered so when I brush on the color it doesn't go anywhere else on the card front except in the circle). I used blending brushes with Crushed Curry in the middle of the sun, Blushing Bride on the outside edges of the sun and Mango Melody in-between the two colors. For the tree I inked it up with my Garden Green ink pad, then lightly touched it with my Mossy Meadow ink pad. I used a wet wipe to clean off the tree trunk and colored with my Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker. I also used the marker to go over the branches on the stamp. Next I held the stamp at arm's length and spritzed it with water three times, then stamped it over my sun and you see the end result.
Here is this week's sketch. I've said before if there's ever a circle on a sketch I most likely will turn it into the moon or the sun and this was no exception! The optional theme is lace, but I just didn't think that would fit with this card so I used linen thread instead. Make sure you check out what the other designers created using this sketch HERE. We'd love to see what you create if you get a chance to play along!
I'm also playing along with a new to me blog challenge even though it's been around for a few years...As You See It - Recipe for Him. I did do everything thing, but a couple things are pretty subtle. I used the Subtle 3D embossing folder which is hard to see in the pic. I also used a die cut, but not in the traditional way. I die cut the circle for the sun and used the rest of the paper as a mask so I would have a perfect circle.
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post.


 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog. 

Supplies used on this card:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...