Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Prized Peony ~ A Stampin' Up! Card

I have another card to share with you that was inspired by Try Stampin' on Tuesday's sketch challenge #486.
It's a really cool sketch this week that I changed slightly. Nothing new there! I just didn't want to stamp on separate circles or shapes so I did some stamping and a bunch of masking to create the shapes that are in the sketch. I also drew some parallel lines since I couldn't slip a strip of color under my painted flowers.
Because I didn't want to scrub ink off my stamps I stamped everything with memento tuxedo black ink even though I wanted to watercolor the images. NOT a good idea! lol I was going to make two cards, but was only able to keep one because the black ink bled so much on the first card. I had to be VERY careful the second time I colored my flowers. No quick painting the first light layer over each of the flowers. I had to go petal by petal and anything that had shadows of black I had to be very careful. I think scrubbing the ink off my stamps would have taken a lot less time than it did to watercolor all the flowers so carefully, so note to self...don't do that again!
This is the sketch I followed this week. The optional theme is Something Sparkly. I did spritz my whole card to make it sparkle, but it doesn't show up the greatest in my pics. Make sure you check out what all the other designers created HERE
  If you get a chance to play along we'd love to see what you create!
         
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post.


 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog. 

Supplies used on this card:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...