Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Sailing Home ~ A Stampin' Up! Card

Today's card is inspired by Try Stampin' on Tuesday's sketch challenge #482 and is for my dad's birthday that was last month.
I've always said if a sketch challenge has a circle on it I'm going to somehow make it into a moon if at all possible. Not sure I really did that on this card, but I did manage to get a starry night sky and maybe, kind of get the sailboat on the "moon". Anyway I like how it turned out and when I asked my daughter she told me it looked like a night sky with the horizon in the background and the water below it. That's good enough for me. :) The background was created with sponges, ink and a LOT of dabbing. It's kind of slow, but I always love how the finished card turns out!
Here's the sketch that I worked with. The optional theme is wreath/foliage. I definitely didn't go with the theme since I needed a card for my dad and because I have my Christmas cards done for this year...whew!!!
Make sure you check out what all the other designers created with this sketch Here and if you get a chance to play along we'd love to see what you create!
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post.


 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog. 

Supplies used on this card:

Liquid Frisquet (for stars)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...