Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Poinsettia Petals ~ A Stampin' Up! Card

Today's Christmas card is inspired by Try Stampin' on Tuesday's sketch challenge #484. I saw these purple and blue colors online somewhere and had to give them a try!
Even though I'm done making Christmas cards for this year I couldn't resist making a couple more after a challenge from my upline to use the Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper. I don't use DSP much. Actually I don't use it at all! However this paper is like vellum with velvet images on it, so I figured I could give it a try. :)
Here is the sketch this that we used this week. And since it's a mix up this week we could also use the word MERRY. I did both and love how my card turned out. 
Check out all the great cards the other designers created HERE. If you get a chance to play along we'd love to see what you create! 
To create the color on my poinsettia I embossed the poinsettias using silver embossing powder on Stampin' Up! watercolor paper. Then I used ink refills and water painters to watercolor balmy blue, pacific point, highland heater and gorgeous grape onto each of the petals. I added just a bit of water into the refills on a block, then dabbed the colors on letting them bleed together. Once it was dry I spritzed it with champagne mist shimmer paint that I mix with 70% rubbing alcohol (about 5 drops of champagne mist then fill the rest of the spritzer with the rubbing alcohol).
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post.


 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog. 

Supplies used on this card:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...