Monday, August 10, 2020

Seaside Notions ~ A Stampin' Up! Card

I've been itching to do a little bit of watercolor so I used Try Stampin' on Tuesday's sketch challenge #470 and the Stampin' Up! set Seaside Notions to do that.
I stamped the sand up both sides (which I hope looks something like little bubbles on this card), the seahorse and the coral with VersaMark and embossed them in white. Once that was done I grabbed my reinkers and water painters and got to work.
This is the sketch I used from TSOT and the optional theme is texture. I decided that my heat embossing was going to be my texture. 
Check out what the other designers created HERE using this sketch. If you get a chance to play along we'd love to see what you create!
I also decided to use CAS Mix Up to inspire my card. Their mix up challenge is watercolor and the beach. It's been AGES since I've done another blog card challenge other than here on TSOT. I've been following this blog for quite a while, but have never played along. I have to be honest and say I'm really not sure if this is considered a CAS card since I don't have any "white space". I'm not sure if that means there needs to be open space and that it needs to be white or if there just needs to be open space. I did try to put it on white, but it just didn't look right at all. As for my beach theme I tend to think about what's IN the water. Why? I'm a readhead and hide from the sun at all costs, so the beach is one of the last places I like to go. lol My girls are just the opposite, but that's a whole different story and I've typed WAY too much already!!
How did I create this card? I embossed everything on the watercolor paper I bought from SU! Once my images were embossed I dripped a bunch of water from my water painter onto the paper and moved it around so the paper was pretty wet everywhere except the very edges and inside the images. Then I added diluted re-inker colors onto the wet paper and let it spread. I started with pool party, then added a bunch of balmy blue mixing it until I was happy with the colors. I let it dry completely then wet all of the seahorse and painted it quickly and completely with mango melody. While it was still wet I added a bit of pumpkin pie, then a touch of cajun craze. The last two colors were only added on the edges so they didn't cover all of the mango melody, but blended in with it. I did the same with the coral...got it wet, then I added small dabs of rich razzleberry, blackberry bliss, cajun craze, and old olive (because the paper is wet it spreads on it's own). I did spread the color outside of the "lines" because they seemed a little too small when I kept it inside the embossed image. I wanted my water to be a little darker than it was after it dried so I added a bit of coastal cabana at the bottom around everything. I wanted the bottom slightly darker than the top and it didn't have that look before. All of my reinker colors were dropped onto a block and diluted with water before applied to paper. I always want my colors to be lighter at first so I dilute them with water. Then dilute them less as I work and want the "paint" to be darker.
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post.


 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog. 

Supplies used on this card:

retired corner rounder


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...