Friday, August 28, 2020

Coming Home ~ A Stampin' Up! Card

Today's card is made using the Stampin' Up! set Coming Home and is inspired by a sketch challenge from Creating with Team Stamp Camp.
Have you started your Christmas cards yet? I have about 45 done, so not quite half way yet. I'd better get busy, but not sure I'm going to make a lot of this card. I love how it turned out, but it did take a bit of time to color.
Here is the sketch I used. I did change it up a little by not raising the house, trees and sentiment, but everything looked like it was floating if I didn't! lol
This looks like a lot of colors, but some were stampin' blends for the house and trees. I colored the background with sponges using five colors...melon mambo, mossy meadow, pacific point, night of navy and gorgeous grape. After the colors were sponged on I spritzed them with frost white shimmer paint and ran it through the evergreen forest 3D embossing folder. I did sponge over the trees again very lightly with mossy meadow to make them stand out a little more.
I colored the stamped trees with granny apple green, old olive and mossy meadow. The roof was with smoky slate and basic black. For the windows I used so saffron and daffodil delight. The door was crumb cake and soft suede and the front of the house rich razzleberry. I didn't use both shades of everything, just picked up what I found first, then always blended all the colors of each part with the lightest color I used after all the colors in each area were added. If I don't blend them with the lightest color they don't flow together or look nice. At least that's what I think!
Last but not least I stamped the sentiment using garden green. After using all the different colors and mixing them together on the background, garden green looked the best.
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post.


 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog. 

Supplies used on this card:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...