Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Dream Flowers & Oh Happy Day ~ Spellbinders FSJ

Hi Everyone...today I'm back with a card that was inspired by Try Stampin' on Tuesday's sketch challenge #390.  The optional them is Bold and Bright.
I have to say this isn't my normal style of card, but I love how it turned out!
I had my niece in mind when I created it. I honestly don't know if she even likes the color pink...sorry if you don't Lydia!
Here is this week's sketch.  Make sure you check out what everyone else created on the team HERE.  If you get a chance to play along we'd love to see what you create!
This card was so simple to create!  Cut a card base, cut a piece of card stock slightly smaller than the card base top piece and emboss it (Layered Scallops).  Cut a couple of smaller pieces of card stock from your scraps (I used Watermelon Fusion and Black Licorice) and another small strip to go between them (Whip Cream).  I stamped my image using Black Licorice ink onto Whip Cream card stock and cut it into a tag shape.  Nope, I don't have any tag dies or punches...gasp! lol  I cut a piece of Black Licorice to put underneath it to frame it.  I colored in just a bit of each of the flowers using Journey Color Splash Pencils (#005).  I used a Blending Brush that was just a bit damp (meaning it was still damp after I cleaned it from the last time I used it and I didn't add any water to it) and brushed over everywhere I had colored.  I punched a hole in the tag and put Special Day Organza Ribbon through it and tied it using Black Licorice Thread.  I popped up the tag using FSJ Foam Squares (small).  The last touch was the die-cut words using the stamp and die set called Oh Happy Day.  Using just the black words made it too dark and the white words didn't show up well enough on their own so I layered them for the perfect look.  I think I'm going to be using this set a lot!   
I'll have links to all of the supplies I used at the bottom of my post if you're interested in checking anything out. 
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post. :)
Sara
 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog . 

I participate in several affiliate programs.  This means that I receive a commission when products are purchased through links here on my blog, but at no cost to you.  Please know I will never share or review product that I would not personally recommend or that I do not personally like.

Supplies used on this card:

Regular Hole Punch



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...