Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas Sprig ~ A Fun Stampers Journey Card

Merry Christmas!  
Today's card is one that I created almost two months ago for my yearly open house that I have at the beginning of November.
It does take a bit of time to color, watercolor then dry, but it's worth it!  I stamped the poinsettia using FSJ's Black Licorice ink on watercolor paper (brand listed below).  Then I colored in the leaves with a bit of color using Journey Color Splash Pencils.
Notice I didn't color everything in...it doesn't need it.  Once you use a blending brush the colors blend together like the leaf and petal in the picture.  
After the watercolor paper dried I added a piece of White Liner Sheet the exact size of the watercolor paper (White Liner Sheets are sticky on both sides).  Peel the paper off one side of the sheet and carefully put it over the watercolor paper.  Once that is firmly in place take off the top sheet.  Make sure you have Sparkle Dust (glitter) ready to put on top of the whole piece.  Rub it all in and pour off the excess.  It's a simple way to make your whole piece shimmer!  I layered my watercolor paper on top of a piece of Fresh Forest card stock and put that on my Buttercream base.  I stamped Merry Christmas using Fresh Forest and added the twine to finish off my card.
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post. :)
Sara
 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog . 

I participate in several affiliate programs.  This means that I receive a commission when products are purchased through links here on my blog, but at no cost to you.  Please know I will never share or review product that I would not personally recommend or that I do not personally like.

Supplies used on this card:


>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...