Saturday, October 21, 2017

World Map ~ A Fun Stampers Journey Card

Today is my dad's birthday and I had to whip up a card for him...as usual it's always last minute!
The funny thing about his card is that it's not at all what I was planning on making and it happened to come out by mistake.  Let's call it a mixed media mistake that I actually think was fun. :)
I had put modeling past onto Butter Cream card stock and pushed the World Map stamp into it.  When I peeled the paper off the map lines were pretty good, but most of the land was not discernible.  So I grabbed another piece of Butter Cream card stock and pressed the stamp onto it that still had modeling paste stuck to most of the land on the map.  That's when I had a knock on my door.  The neighbor had stopped by and we chatted for a little bit.  When I got back downstairs I peeled the paper away from the stamp.  Well the modeling paste had started to dry and where it had the card stock ripped off.  So I had the shape of most of the land on the map with either the modeling paste that hadn't fully dried or paper stuck where it had dried.  I liked the look of it so after it dried completely I sponged it with Lemon Grass and Fresh Forest inks.  Now that I look at the pictures I wish I had put the twine to the left and on top and bottom of the happy birthday because the bottom half of Africa is missing...but not bad for a mistake or whipping it out at the last minute! :)
Butter Cream
Lemon Grass
Fresh Forest
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Right now you can join Fun Stampers Journey for only $25!!  
Don't miss out on this great deal!
It goes until November 30!
I'd love to have you join me on my journey!
Go to www.funstampersjourney.com/sarahoogendoorn or
Click on "Join My Team" at the top of this post.



Have you ever wanted to create something, 
but don't always have the time to come up with the idea?
That's where the Bloom Box comes in!  Check it out!  
www.funstampersjourney.com/sarahoogendoorn



If you like what you see and want to order just click on the 
"Shop Now" tab at the top of my blog. 

 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog . 

Supplies used on this card:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...