Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Strawberry Slush Serene Silhouettes

It's Tuesday so that means it's time for another sketch challenge from Try Stampin' on Tuesday.  Another great sketch over on their blog.  There is a theme which I totally forgot to do even after I wrote it down!  I had an idea pop into my mind and totally forgot about the colors...yellow, orange and brown.  That's ok because the theme is optional, but I do like to try and play along with it usually.


This card wasn't too hard to make...just mostly sponging.  I wanted to start in one corner and have that one be the darkest and move my way to the opposite corner and have that be the lightest, but still try to have a dividing line from dark to light horizontally across the card.  When I sponged I put my smaller piece of whisper white card stock on my larger piece of whisper white with just enough tape to make it stick so I could take it off later.  I did the same with a circle piece of scrap paper using my 1 3/8" circle punch so I could have a white moon after I was done sponging.  After all my sponging was done I stamped my image on the small piece of card stock (make sure you've taken it off your larger piece), layered it on basic black, then lined up the moon when I placed it on the larger piece of cardstock since part of the image was on my smaller piece and some on the larger piece.  I colored my pearls with the darkest smoky slate blendabilites marker since I don't have any black candy dots left (but still plenty of other colors left!).  

Make sure you hop over to Try Stampin' on Tuesday HERE to see the other great cards created using this sketch and to play along too. 


Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Supplies used on this card:

(the missing pic below is the pink pirouette ink pad)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...