Thursday, August 16, 2012

For You ~ Bridal Shower Card

Well, I must say, today's card is definitely not the norm for me!  The design and the 3-D flower both are, but not the colors!  Where did I happen to find this combination?  From Stampin' Celebration...who just happened to move their blog.  Yup, I was wondering where they had disappeared to, so I had to check out their next challenge which happened to be gray, yellow and white with just a touch of green.  Lucky for me I just bought a shower gift for someone and needed gray on a card to go with the wrapping paper that this particular store offers.  I must say I really like how this card turned out.  Glad I gave it a try. :)





Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Card Stock:  Basic Gray, So Saffron, Certainly Celery & Whisper White
Classic Stampin' Pad:  So Saffron
Embossing Folder: Delicate Designs
Sizzlits:  Little Leaves
Punch:  1 1/4" Scallop Circle
Shimmer Paint:  Champagne Mist

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love that flower and the inking and glimmer add just the right touch. Thanks for joining us this month at Stampin' Celebration. I'm glad you found our new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I bet in real life it shimmers beautifully! Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card!I'd love to know how you made the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi and thank you! I'd love to show you how I made the flower. :) If you go to http://simplysarastampin.blogspot.com/2012/05/cherry-cobbler-carnation.html it will bring you to an earlier post of a carnation I made. It has instructions toward the bottom of the post. I did do a few changes to this one though. I punched four "flower" pieces using the 1 1/4" scallop punch from Stampin' Up! and did not trim them with scissors at all. Because the pieces are all the same size I didn't put them them right on top of each other. I staggered them a little bit. I hope this helps!
    Have a great day! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Always love seeing your flowers on the cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE your card!! I think my most fAV part is that it's sparkly!! I am a sucker for glitter! Thanks so much for playing along with SC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love the glitter as well as your use of the Delicate Designs EF. Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...