Friday, July 27, 2018

Bloom Burst ~ A Fun Stampers Journey Card

Here's a card that I made WAY back in June.  It's was for the swap between the Red Hot Stampers and for the three additional ladies at our table during the Color Pop Crop at convention.

This was originally going to be my swap card with the Amazing Bloomers team, but after making eight of them I told myself, "You're crazy if you're going to make 60 of these!" lol  I love how they turned out, but eight of them was more than enough!!


 I stamped the image with Clear Pigment Ink and embossed it in black on color splash sheets.  Then I masked around the outside so I would have the white area on the edges.  I colored the flowers using Journey Color Splash pencils.  I dropped the color onto a block first.  It's been so long ago that I don't remember the pencil # that I used, but I went over the whole flower with the pink watered down a bit.  When it was drying I added more of the same pink, but didn't dilute the color as much so it was darker.  I colored the leaves and stem directly with the watercolor pencil, then went over them with my blending brush.  To get the blue around the flower I'm pretty sure I used liquid color.  Using my blending brush I wet all around the flowers and leaves right up to my masking tape.  Then I add the color in a bit at a time starting around the flowers and leaves working my way outward.  I would get it wet a little more as needed and add more color as needed to.  It's kind of hard to explain it writing it down, but it does make sense when I'm actually doing it! :)  After it was dry I added a bit of Sparkle Silk, then just a touch of Journey Glaze, then Sparkle Dust to the center of each flower...gotta make it shimmer!
 I'm not sure that these colors match exactly what I have on my card, but my colors were diluted and mixed and matched, so I got as close as I could. :)

Whip Cream
Bubble Gum
Watermelon Fusion
Limeade Splash
Green Olive
Kiwi Slice
Cool Pool
Black Licorice

Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Remember all products used are listed at the bottom of each post. :)
Sara

I'd love to have you join me on my journey!
Go to www.funstampersjourney.com/sarahoogendoorn or
Click on "Join My Team" at the top of this post.
Have you ever wanted to create something, 
but don't always have the time to come up with the idea?
That's where the Bloom Box comes in!  Check it out!  
www.funstampersjourney.com/sarahoogendoorn
If you like what you see and want to order just click on the 
"Shop Now" tab at the top of my blog. 

 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 

Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog . 

Supplies used on this card:

Masking tape to mask of edges of Color Splash Sheet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...