Sunday, October 9, 2016

Lovely Day ~ A Fun Stampers Journey Card

I love this stamp called Lovely Day.  It's not too big or too small and fits perfectly on a card front.  When I made this card I hadn't been doing a lot of watercolor at all and missed it so I pulled out this stamp and tried to make the color of the flower similar to Rich Coral just not as dark.  I love the color Rich Coral...it's perfect for a poppy and when I get the stamp set Wonderful Day I'm sure I'll be using it again even though we're knee deep into fall right now.


I stamped the flowers using Black Licorice, made sure it was dry then got busy coloring the petals in.  I really don't remember what pencils I used.  I just pulled them out, rubbed the color off from the tips using a blender brush with water in it onto one of my blocks and did it with a few different colored pencils until I got the color I liked.  Not sure if you can tell in the pic, but I colored all around the flowers in a pale blue too just to add a little dimension.


The card seemed a little plain so I spritzed it with a bit of Shimmmer Gold Color Splash.  I got it a little darker than planned, but that's the way it goes with color splashes sometimes. lol


Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

I would love to be your Journey Coach! If you are thinking about joining 
Fun Stampers Journey and would like to be a Journey Coach click 
"Join My Team". 
I'd love to have you join me on my journey!  

If you like what you see and want to order just click on the 
"Shop Now" tab at the top of my blog. 

 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog . 


Supplies used on this card

Stamp Sets:

Lovely Day p. 58 (AT-0188) $7.95Sentimental Prints p. 206 (SS-0072) $19.95
Card Stock:

Rich Coral p. 289 (CS-0093) $6.95
Whip Cream p. 289 (CS-0040) $6.95
Ink Pads:

Black Licorice p. 289 (IP-0041) $7.95
Supplies:
Journey Color Splash Watercolor Pencils p. 278 (JM-0078) $59.95
Shimmer Silver Color Splash p. 291 (IP-0081) $7.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...