Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Autumn Days with Fun Stampers Journey

I finally have my first card to show you with Fun Stampers Journey!!  I actually made it three days ago, but had to wait to post it because I made it specifically for the challenge at Try Stampin' - or not - on Tuesday.  I love to make fall cards, or at least use fall colors and that's what I did today. I have to admit it's looking a little empty at the bottom where my sentiment is supposed to be, so I put my watermark there hoping it wouldn't look quite so odd!  It still does, but whoever gets it eventually will have a finished card. :) 


Make sure you head over to Try Stampin' - or not - on Tuesday HERE to check out all the other fun cards made using this week's sketch.  I didn't do the banner, but tried to "copy" the shape across the cards with the leaves



I used the stamp set Autumn Days and stamped the leaves with Black Licorice.  Then I used my Journey Color Splash watercolor pencils to color my leaves in.  I didn't actually color them though.  I used a paint brush to pull the color off of the tips of my pencils onto a block.  Then it was simple to watercolor them since it was like having a mini-palette of watercolors.  Once the leaves were dry I cut them out using the Autumn Days Die and spritzed them with Shimmer Gold Color Splash and let me tell you I sure have been waiting to get my hands onto something shimmery like that again!!!  I've been making my own for the past few years and was almost out of the supply of what I used to make it and it wasn't nearly as sparkly because I diluted it.  I only bought the gold and silver so far and sprayed just a bit of the silver to see what it was like...yup, it shimmers and sparkles!  I think I'm going to need to take it easy and not buy any of the other colors for a while. lol  Now on to the rest of how I made the card.  I spritzed a bit of the shimmer gold onto my background piece, then got a paintbrush wet and using the watercolor left on my block I tapped a couple of different colors on both the background piece and the leaves.  Then I just assembled the card.  It was actually pretty quick and easy (well, as quick and easy as it is for me to put a card together from start to finish! lol).


Thanks for  looking and have a great day! 
Sara 

I would love to be your Journey Coach! If you like what you see and want to order anything just click on the "Shop Now" tab at the top of my blog. If you have questions feel free to contact me. Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog . If you would like to be a Fun Stampers Journey Coach click "Join My Team". I'd love to have you on my team!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...