Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Stampin' Up! - Garden in Bloom

Today I have a sweet card for you inspired by Try Stampin' or Not on Tuesday's sketch challenge # 268 using the Stampin' Up! set Garden in Bloom.  I think I've only used it one other time and that was just to use the butterfly.  Today I used almost every stamp from that set!  


The sketch is a fun one with hexagons on it.  I have to admit that I never bought that punch so I was stuck doing a little fussy cutting because these were the flowers I wanted to use.  Do you ever get an idea with a stamp in your mind and nothing else will do?  That was the case here and I have framelits and punches I could have used if I just would have picked another set! lol  Make sure you check out the other fun sketches over at Try Stampin' HERE and play along if you get a chance.  We would love to see what you create!

While I was at my craft table working on my card one of my daughter's saw the colors I was using a said she really like them.  Do you ever just need a little pick me up like that?  I sure do and it was a nice vote of confidence. :)  These are the colors I used...




At the last minute I remembered that I had Wink of Stella and wanted to add a bit of shimmer so I added it to the middle of the flowers, the bee's wings and the butterfly's body.  It's hard to see, but the first picture shows it the best.  Just a little touch of something extra like that can make a card pop!  I added the bee and butterfly inside as well just for the fun of it. :)


Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

I would love to be your demonstrator! If you like what you see and want to order anything just click on any of the products that I've listed at the bottom of my blog or click on the "Shop Now" tab at the top of my blog. Any of them will take you directly to my website! If you have questions feel free to contact me. Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog . If you're thinking of becoming a demonstrator click "Join My Team". I'd love to have you join me!

Supplies used on this card:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...