Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Wilderness Awaits - Elusive Elk

I have another masculine card for you today inspired by this week's sketch challenge at Try Stampin' or Not on Tuesday.  I have to admit I used the sketch rather loosely and didn't do the twist, but the first thing I started out with got wet after I had done all of my sponging and stamping and I was too frustrated to start that over. :(  I decided to just come up with something else and since I never seem to have enough masculine cards I pulled out the new Stampin' Up! set The Wilderness Awaits.


I stamped the elk on watercolor paper using StazOn Black ink.  I extended the rock just a bit more so the mountain top that he is standing on is longer than the actual the stamp and goes to the edge of the card.  Then I colored him in using an aqua painter and Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake and Early Espresso inks from Stampin' Up!  I colored the rock under him with Sahara Sand, then Smoky Slate.  The last thing I did was punch out a circle and placed it where I wanted the moon to be, then colored in the sky using Soft Sky ink.




I hope you enjoy today's masculine card.  I love making them as much as all the feminine cards I make. :)  If you get a chance check out all the other great cards HERE made using this week's sketch.  We'd love to have you play along too if you get a chance! :)




Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

I would love to be your demonstrator! If you like what you see and want to order anything just click on any of the products that I've listed at the bottom of my blog or click on the "Shop Now" tab at the top of my blog. Any of them will take you directly to my website! If you have questions feel free to contact me. Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog . If you're thinking of becoming a demonstrator click "Join My Team". I'd love to have you join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...