Thursday, December 18, 2014

Shimmering Endless Wishes

I've been so busy I totally forgot to post my card for 'Tis the Season!  I have to say in person this card is just beautiful, but what was I thinking trying to make a card that has heat embossing, the diamond dust technique and metallic silver and gold ink on it.  It was horrible trying to get a decent pic of this card!  From one angle the heat embossing would look great, but the metallic ink pad color would just disappear, or the metallic inks would look great and I couldn't see where I had done the diamond dust technique.  I survived the battle...barely! lol  


Today's card is for our last 'Tis the Season inspiration challenge before Christmas!  I hope you have your Christmas cards done and in the mail.  I do...barely! lol  As you can see I was inspired to use snowflakes and some shimmer and bling.  I didn't stamp the woodgrain on my card, but instead used my embossing folder since I wanted a white background.  Stop by 'Tis the Season's blog to check out all the other great Christmas cards using inspiration challenge #32 HERE
.

I also played along with a sketch challenge.  I wasn't planning on it, but happened to be looking at some blogs I follow and loved what they had over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  I must say this card went together pretty quickly, it was just the picture part that was so hard! 


Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Supplies used on this card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the use of silver and gold together. Thanks for playing along with us this week at HSS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The white on metallic is stunning! The square snowflake panel looks amazing. Thanks for playing the sketch at HSS and MERRY CHRISTMAS! ~Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erika, and I hope you have a Merry Christmas as well!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! I am sure this just sparkles like crazy in person! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Margaret. We did have a great Christmas. I hope you had the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Loving the shimmer on your card. So perfect for your snowflakes. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Genny! :) Hopefully I'll be able to start playing with more challenges this year!

      Delete
  6. This is so pretty and sparkly! I mean who doesn't love shimmer and shine--I totally do and your card is all that. Many thanks for joining our sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! It was a fun sketch to play with. :)

      Delete
  7. I love all of the shimmery and sparkly goodness on this card..stunning! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...