Friday, December 12, 2014

Lovely as a Tree ~ Silver and Gray

I know it's been a while since I've posted, but I've been pretty busy this week with a couple of stamp a stacks and not feeling the greatest either. :(  I love doing my stamp a stacks, especially in December, but I have to admit I'm looking forward to a relaxing evening tonight and sleeping in really late tomorrow and hopefully I'll be back to normal by then! :)  

Today's card is for the Friday Mashup and I was really hoping for a challenge where I could make a masculine card.  Yup, definitely a challenge that I could do that. :)  This week's fun challenge is from Cindy...

Create a project using "Basic Grey or Smoky Slate & Silver". 
Create a project using "Dry or Heat Embossing". 
or Mash it Up! and create a project "using the colors Silver & Grey with some Embossing".


I was so into using Basic Gray and silver that I totally forgot what the second part of the challenge was...embossing!  Well, I ended up having that covered since I did both heat and drying embossing on my card...whew! lol  Head over to the Friday Mashup HERE to check out the other great cards using silver and gray.  We'd love to have you play along too, so if you get a chance show us what you've made too. 




Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Supplies used on this card:

Express Yourself (retired)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



8 comments:

  1. This card is AMAZING!! I think I will have to CASE this sometime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. :) I always think it's great when someone likes one of my cards enough to want to CASE it.

      Delete
  2. WOW!! Super gorgeous card... so classy and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd sure like to see your instructions for creating this lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freda...sorry it took me so long to get the instructions to you! It's just been busy and hectic with the holidays! Anyway here you go...I stamped the trees using VersaMark, then embossed them in silver. Next I punched out a 1 1/4" circle in scrap paper and attached it with a little bit of adhesive where I wanted it in my picture. I also put scrap paper on the bottom of the card stock under the trees (this is a piece I've cut out and keep with my set so if I want to block it off I don't have to cut a new piece every time). Now comes the sponging...I start by getting my sponge full of ink and ALWAYS test it on scrap paper first (if you get it on too dark you get to start over, so you always want to see how dark it is before you start it on the actual piece you're working on), then dab it carefully around the moon. I start there so I know how dark I want the rest of the card to be. Start with the lightest area and work your way out. Once you've dabbed your color around the moon, then start dabbing the color on starting in the corners and working your way in. Keep repeating that process all around the outside working your way in until your color is as dark as you want it and blended in well with what you did around the moon. Now you can take off your scrap pieces and if there's any adhesive left on your card stock rub it off with an adhesive remover. Then I lightly and quickly dabbed the bottom of the card stock under the trees so there's a little color, but not as dark as the upper part of the card. Last you want to sponge on your shadows. To do this I scrunch up the sponge as small as I can get it and dab and drag the color in the direction I want the shadow to go. You might want to practice this step on some scrap paper first just to get the hang of it. :) The rest of the card is up to you on how you want it to look. You can do it like I did, or come up with your own design. It's all up to you! I hope this helps. :) If you have any other questions, just let me know.
      Sara

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...