Monday, December 22, 2014

Indescribable Gift

I finally got some new sets from the Occasions Catalog that is coming out on January 6 for Stampin' up and wanted to use all my stamps as soon as I could!  I had a few ideas going through my head, but I've only been able to make this one card so far.  Since my niece's birthday is so close to Christmas I've heard it through the grapevine that she would like cards that are NOT winter themed.  No problem this time around.  I chose to use the new set Indescribable Gift.  It reminds me of an apple tree in my back yard.  Every year I go out and take pics of the thousands of beautiful flowers that bloom on it.  Sometimes I stand under it and take a pic up into the sky.  The blue is just beautiful behind all the lovely flowers.  That's where the inspiration came for this card.  I figured why not add the sun in the background.  I know...it's not yellow, but on bright days like that when the sky is blue it tends to be pretty white. :)


I added this pic so you could see how the flowers shine.  That's from using a VersaMarker and embossing over all the flowers, leaves and branches so I could brayer the sky in the background.


Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Supplies used on this card:

VersaMarker

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



6 comments:

  1. Sara, this is beautiful! I was on the fence about this stamp set, but now it's definitely on my wish list! LOVE what you've done with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Naomi! I have wanted a stamp like this for a long time because of my own apple tree. :) Can't wait to see what you create with it after you get it. :)

      Delete
  2. This is so very pretty! Your coloring is amazing and I am sure she is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret! She did love it and was so glad it wasn't a winter card! lol

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card, Sara. Beautifully coloured & I love how did the background. Love it. Inky wishes, Di

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...