Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Strawberry Silhouettes

Happy Tuesday, Everyone.  Well it's going to be a hot one here in Michigan today.  I think we finally have some true summer weather.  I could definitely live without the humidity that's coming along with it though!  Well today's card had a lot of white space on it from Try Stampin' on Tuesday, and when I see sketches like this I just want to fill it up with some type of scenery so that's what I did.  


I stamped the flowers from Serene Silhouettes in Strawberry Slush, then stamped them again with VersaMark and embossed them with white embossing powder (I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to help line them up the way I wanted).  After that I brayered with Crisp Cantaloupe on the top and bottom of the card so it was lighter in the center.  Then made a horizon by blocking off the top of the card with piece of scrap paper.  Then I punched out a 1" circle and cut the bottom of it off and put it on my card where I wanted the sun lining the bottom up with the horizon, then brayered with Strawberry Slush.  I know this pic makes it look like everything is pink, but it's really not.  The sun and center of the card actually match the Crisp Cantaloupe card stock, the sun is just a bit darker (I sponged that in to make it darker).  I'm positive my camera just doesn't like me.  Someday I'll get a pic of one of my cards that actually looks like my card. :)

Head on over to Try Stampin' on Tuesday HERE to see all the other cards from the designers.  Lots of great cards and ideas over there.  What will you create using this sketch? :)


Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Stamp Sets:  Serene Silhouettes & Blooming with Kindness
Card Stock:  Crisp Cantaloupe & Whisper White
Classic Stampin' Pads:  Crisp Cantaloupe & Strawberry Slush
VersaMark
Stampin' Emboss Powder:  White
Embossing Folder:  Stylish Stripes
Punch:  1" Circle
Ribbon:  5/8" Organza in Whisper White
Smooch Spritz:  Vanilla Shimmer
Brayer, Sponges

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how pretty is this?! The white is so striking against the colored background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...