Friday, July 18, 2014

Birthday Blooms

It's Friday, so that means another card made using the Friday Mashup challenge.  This week I'm hostessing the challenge and this is what I have for you...


Create a project using a "Background Stamp".
Create a project with "something 3-D on it".
or Mash it Up! and create a "project with a 3-D element and a Background Stamp".

I love using background stamps since they add to any card.  I have to admit I have a hard time leaving white space on my cards!  I did a little on this one just to change things up a bit...plus it wouldn't fit across the whole card. lol



I thought I'd go all out on the 3-D part of this challenge only because it's been quite a while since I've had a chance to make any flowers like this.  It's up to you what you want to do to to make something 3-D.  Check out what all the other designers made HERE.  Lots of  different ideas out there, and that's what makes it so fun. :)




I can't forget to add where I got my colors from.  They are on this week's challenge from the ColorQ Challenge.  As soon as I saw these colors I knew they were what I wanted to use.  


Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Stamp Sets:  Dictionary & Simply Sketched (retired)
Card Stock:  Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Island Indigo, 
Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry & Whisper White
Classic Stampin' Pads:  Pear Pizzazz
Framelits:  Circles Collections
Punches: 1 3/4" Circle Scallop (used to make flowers) 
Bojo Blossoms & Builder Bird
Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack
Smooch Spritz:  Vanilla Shimmer



5 comments:

  1. Your flowers are so pretty! Another fantastic card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Sarah! I love those crinkly flowers! Thanks for having me as a guest at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great challenge Sara, I enjoyed it! The white space on the left of your card is perfect, it really sets off the flowers and sentiment panel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, cute card. I love the flowers!! They look great against the newsprint background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a challenge, Sara, but you pushed me to get a Christmas card done! I love your card with the partial background stamp- great design element. Your cluster of flowers is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...