Saturday, May 24, 2014

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today's card is special since it's for my mom and it's her birthday today.  :)  She loves the color blue so I thought I'd play with some new stuff I got from Stampin' Up!  It was waiting for me when I got home from work...yes!  My card didn't turn out as I had planned, but I think that happens a lot.  I just change what I'm doing and go in another direction.  I can't forget to say that my design is from Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch challenge #186.  I haven't played along with a sketch challenge in quite a while unless I've combined it with one I'm a designer for, so it was relaxing to just come up with a card and not be pushing for a deadline after a loooong day at work.  I have to admit I do work better when there's a deadline though. lol  Crazy, I know.


If you get a chance head over to HSS and check out the designers cards using this sketch and play along.  It's a great one!


Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Stamp Set:  Bloom with Hope
Card Stock:  Pool Party, Coastal Cabana,
Bermuda Bay & Whisper White
Classic Stampin' Pads:  Pool Party, 
Coastal Cabana & Bermuda Bay
Memento:  Tuxedo Black
VersaMarker
Embossing Folder:  Decorative Dots
Framlits:  Ovals Collection
Occasions Paper-piercing Pack
Stampin' Emboss Powder:  Clear
Brayer & Sponges



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!! Love the color combo- so soft and pretty!!!! Flower image is just beautiful- love the background- makes the flower POP!!! Thanks for playing along with my sketch at HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the sketch, that flower is so nicely colored. I hope your mom had a lovely birthday - I know she must have enjoyed this pretty card! Thanks for playing at HSS! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combination and the embossed flowers. Your card turned out beautiful! Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I may have to get that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so pretty too! I am sure your mom loved her very special card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...