Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Safari Zoo Review

Yup, I'm posting in the evening instead of early in the morning today.  I had a pretty big order come in on Monday and I wouldn't stamp anything until I had everything taken care of.  That means sorting all my customer orders, and me putting my paper and accessories away, getting my stamp sets put together and all my new ink pads marked and labeled...and that was after I did all the laundry and cleaning and straitening up and prepping for my two sponging classes on Friday.  Let's just say I had plenty of time to think of what I wanted to work on first with one of my sets...Zoo Review.  Yup, I just bought that set believe it or not.  I've got a few more ideas going through my mind too, so we'll see how long it takes me to get them together.  At first I was going to sponge all of this, but I just didn't want to do that much sponging.  Ever since I posted Sunday about me and my brayer not getting along I've been working on it.  I'd have different ideas pop into my head on how to use that thing without leaving streaks, but could never figure it out until last night.  I have to say it is finally my friend after thinking it would never learn to like me...or me like it!!!  I still did plenty of sponging on this card and plan to keep on doing it, but I'll be adding the brayer now on bigger areas.  Like I was saying I had an idea in my mind and the Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge #174 fit the colors I was thinking of perfectly!


Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Stamp Sets:  Zoo Review & Wetlands (wheat stamp)
Card Stock:  Baked Brown Sugar, Cherry Cobbler,
Daffodil Delight & Very Vanilla
Classic Stampin' Pads:  Baked Brown Sugar, 
Cherry Cobbler & Daffodil Delight
Stampin' Write Marker:  Daffodil Delight
VersaMark
Stampin' Emboss Powder:  Clear
Punch:  1 1/4" Circle
Brayer & Sponges


6 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW! This is absolutely stunning!! The sky looks amazing and the lion looks perfectly at home in the scenery! So glad you figured out the brayer, maybe you can teach the rest of us now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love your card! I too have this stamp set and you've inspired me to use it. Your sponging technique is awesome! I wish I could come to your sponging classes. I need to learn. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and detailed card! The colors were used brilliantly! Thanks for playing along at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! You really have mastered sponging and brayering! I love your scene. So beautiful. Thanks for playing at HSS :) Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Sara!

    You have been selected as a Hand Stamped Sentiments Artist Pick for your design in our color challenge! You have earned the HSS Artist Pick Badge to display on your blog. Please email me to obtain the html for your badge.

    Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    Come play again!

    Genny
    HSS Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous! Don't know what else to say other than that :-) Thanks for playing at HSS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...