Monday, October 7, 2013

The Open Sea World Map

Today's card is inspired by Friday Mashup #130 - Let's Cut it Up.  I needed a stamp that was big enough to tear and another stamp that I could cut out, but I didn't want it to be too fussy! lol  Since I need a masculine card for this month's stamp a stack I figured World Map and The Open Sea would work great for this sketch.  Just stamp the world map twice in two different colors, tear one of the maps and place it on top of the other map.  Since I didn't want to cut the whole ship out I figured the globe would be easier to cut.  So I stamped the globe first and the ship over top of it.  That way I only needed to cut the water and just a little bit on the ship and the rest was a circle. :)  






Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Stamp Sets:  The Open Sea, World Map & Express Yourself
Card Stock:  Island Indigo, Garden Green & Whisper White
Classic Stampin' Pads:  Island Indigo & Garden Green
Punch 1 1/4" Circle
Sponges

5 comments:

  1. I love the ripped background in different colors - that is a very cool idea! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever ripped background and cut out image, Sara. I love when the inside of a card is stamped. Thanks for playing with the Friday MashUp this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to use that big background stamp Sara! I also like how you placed the ship!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful man's card - love how you've used the World map background with the Open Sea images - great combo! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohhhh! I love how the map looks all torn and tattered! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...