Thursday, May 2, 2013

Midnight Muse Moon

Hello everyone!  Today's card is for my brother-in-law's birthday.  I don't think he looks at my blog, so I think I can post it early. lol  So there are a couple of reasons I made the card this way...meaning why I made it dark.  Do you ever look to the west after the sun sets and it seems like all across the horizon there is a haze of rainbow colors?  I know I do!  Other times I look to the west and the night sky is this beautiful dark blue color.  I wanted to capture that color on a card and finally did it! :)  I usually sponge all of the colors when I have a moon in the background like this, but I wanted to try my hand at using the brayer.  I don't use it much at all and thought I should get some practice with it if I ever want to be good at it. 


Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Stamp Set: Lovely as a Tree
Card Stock:  Midnight Muse, Basic Black,
Whisper White & Glossy White
Classic Stampin' Pads:  Midnight Muse, Island Indigo & Pool Party
StazOn:  Black
Punches: 1 1/4" Circle, 1 3/8" Sqaure & 1" Square
Embossing Folder:  Woodgrain
Brayer

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the twilight sky (and not just because it's blue) and the woodgrain embossing was a nice touch too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...