Friday, June 10, 2011

Flower Garden Clematis

Today's card is one I've been thinking about for awhile...the flower part of it at least. :)  I love to take pictures of my flowers.  I get more of the same thing every year, and when I was taking a picture of my clematis flowers I though to myself "Why not try and make one of these to put on a card?"  So I did!  I love the design for this weeks Mojo Monday and thought the flower would go perfectly on it. :)  I also made this card for a fellow stamping friend whose b-day happens to be today.  We'll see if she sees this post before she gets her card later tonight. ;)  So first off is a picture of one the the flowers that gave me my inspiration...


And here's a picture of the card


...and the flower up close.  I know...flowers don't have all the sparkles like that, but I love the look of it and couldn't resist putting it on. :)


Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Stamp Set:  Vintage Labels
Card Stock:  Rich Razzleberry, Pretty in Pink, Pink Piroutte, Wild Wasabi & Whisper White
Classic Stampin' Pads:  Rich Razzleberry & Garden Green
Punches:  Blossom Petals (Used large leaf for petals), 1" Circle Punch & 1 3/4" x 7/8" Oval
Embossing Folder:  Elegant Bouquet
Shimmer Paint:  Champagne Mist


Instructions on how to make the flower...will be coming in a day or two. ;)  I have another card I'll be making with a similar flower.  Plus, I learned what to do, and what not to do on this flower and "perfected" it on my second one. ;)



2 comments:

  1. So pretty!
    Looks just like the real flower!
    Thanks for sharing...
    Happy Birthday,Anne!
    P.S. I found my die cuts!
    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! Can't wait to see the details on recreating this beauty!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...