Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Left Overs Part 2

A couple of days ago I posted a card that I had originally made for one of my workshops, along with another card I made using the left overs.  Here are two more cards that I made using the same left over card stock.  I got the idea for the sponging from someone on Stampin' Connection.  I always like to give credit to the person that inspired me, but I can't find the card again to give anyone the credit. :(  If you happen to see this and it's your idea let me know.  I'll gladly put a link to your blog for others to see.


I kept my first card smooth with only the base embossed, but on the second card I did the opposite.  I left the base smooth, but embossed all of the other layers.


Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Stamp Set:  Lovely as a Tree
Card Stock:  Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, More Mustard, Bravo Burgundy & Very Vanilla
Classic Stampin Pads:  Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, More Mustard & Bravo Burgundy
Big Shot Embossing Folder:  Square Lattice
Punches:  1 3/4" x 7/8" Oval & 1 3/8" x 5/8" Oval
Ribbon:  5/8" Grosgrain in Bravo Burgundy (retired)

If you haven't done any sponging lately give it a try!  I do it on a lot of my cards around the edges.  It seems to soften the card and helps blend things together.  For this card I taped off the areas where I didn't want the ink and starting lightly sponging Garden Green, then added More Mustard and finally Bravo Burgundy. Keep doing it until you've blended it to your satisfaction.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...